Questions I asked my Reproductive Endocrinologist, 1st visit
Before seeing my Reproductive Endocrinologist for the first time, hubby and I came up with a few questions to ask that were important to us and our concerns. Before your first visit, sit down with your partner and write down all the questions and concerns you have. I don’t know about you but I forget things when I am nervous!
- How common is infertility among women? Among couples?
- What are the types of infertility treatment performed here?
- How much experience do you have working in this field?
- What are the current success rates for each treatment for women of different ages?
- What are the success rates for women of my age group?
- What is your success rate for each treatment?
- Will there be other doctors who will take care of me?
- What are the health risks for each treatment?
- What are the pros and cons for each treatment?
- What tests do I/ we need prior to starting a treatment cycle?
- What are your recommendations and why?
- Are there any lifestyle changes I should make? Diet? Exercise?
- When can we start?
- On average, how long is a cycle?
- What is the difference between oral medication vs. injectable medication?